(Bookings are essential and Tours only available on weekends and public holidays)
Day Trip: (2 night’s stay at Baviaanskloof Lodge – Country House)
After a hearty breakfast, depart from the Lodge at 9h00, visit the Interpretive Centre, proceed to Poortjies and meet the endangered and inquisitive little Red finned Minnows (small fish) of the Poortjies area, with its dense, pristine forest of Yellow Woods, watered by its numerous sparkling, crystal clear mountain streams.
- First a bit of history about Cambria & it’s people & a visit to the Interpretive Centre.
- A rough and winding climb up Combrink’s mountain pass with it’s ancient cycads, mountain fynbos & panoramic views over the vast mountain kingdom to “Bergplaas”.
- Visit the ingenious le Roux cable way, before descending down Thomas Bain’s famous “Holgat” mountain pass, through “Holgat” deeper into the valley of baboons.
- Lunch in the wilds on the banks of the Kouga river.
- Listen to the cry of the Africa Fish Eagle on patrol in it’s domain, while enjoying the peace & quiet of the Kouga river area.
- Mid afternoon: depart for a short game drive along the river banks where Kudu, Bush-buck, Eland & the elusive Cape buffalo congregate for their late afternoon drink.
- Head for home, back over the majestic mountain passes and hopefully an encounter with the Mountain Zebra & Red Hartebeest of the “Bergplaas” plateau.
- Arrive at the Lodge in time to be treated to a dinner of traditional home cooking.
- The rate for the tour includes lunch, snacks and all the alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages for the day.
BOOK your trip on www.baviaansklooflodge.com